This update counts with a bunch of fixes and enhancements, making the plugin more reliable and quick in production environments, surely users will appreciate the fast Undo Last Shatter operation or the outstanding Jaggy feature now preserving UVs of the original faces, and other useful improvements you can read below.
But this update is specially about Wood Splinters Shatter, we have developed a new scheme for it so now you get allways long, thin fragments even when reshattering areas, adding to this a stable dynamics and the Jaggy feature to apply roughness in the inner faces, you can get quite natural wood destruction effects very fast. Here some demos and a great tutorial by Esteban Cuesta about it.
Video Tutorial: Destroying a wooden pier in 3D Max
Video Tutorial: Destroying a wooden pier in Maya
version 3.8 Enhancements:
- Available for 3d Max 2017 and Maya 2017
- New Wood Splinters Reshattering scheme
- New “detect mesh groups” shatter option for shattering correctly combined meshes
- Jagginess preserve UVs of original faces( single and multi uvs)
- Cut Material->new allows to update the material of current shatter group
- original object is auto selected after Shatter it->Undo All
- AutoSelect the fracture body in list corrersponding to current selected fragment
- Improved performance drawing of fragments in 3d Max
- Shatter Undo Last is now a fast operation
- Support VP 2.0 Core profile mode in Maya( rest of modes were already supported)
- Support Maya 2016 Parallel mode
- PDI keys uses 30% less RAM in Maya getting the playback of massive rbd scenes faster.